Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Garden update

This was supposed to go onto the bottom of the page but it's here so isn't it cute!!! My first little cayenne pepper!



Now that I can walk around out there without sinking in and losing my shoes I thought I would post a few new pictures. We still have A LOT of work to do out there including some more clearing and lots of weeding and mulching and still planting but it has really come a long way from the pictures posted here when we were busy trying to clear it out in the beginning. http://jeanniet.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_jeanniet_archive.html

We have snow peas flowered and ready to start making pods, green beans getting ready to set on, corn growing, tomatoes flowered, and baby cayenne green on the plant. We also have planted 3 different kinds of canteloupe, 4 kinds of watermelon, 4 kinds of squash, 2 types of cucumbers and sweet potatoes, lima beans and black eyed peas. I still plan to plant potatoes, beets, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, more green beans, pole beans, more squashes, eggplants, pumpkins and whatever else I get in the mood to plant. I looks a lot smaller in the pictures than it actually is, and it's really hard to see the plants but they really are there and they really are growing.

Anyway, that's how the garden is looking these days. If all goes as I hope it does these pictures will change dramatically within the next few weeks as I haul in LOTS more mulch ( to avoid the quick sand incident repeating) and plant LOTS more stuff. We really have a lot of work to do but this winter when we sit down to eat it will all be worth every minute of backaches and blisters!

No comments: