Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Just a quick post to catch up a bit

I'm dealing with a nasty migraine today so this one will have to be quick while I'm waiting to see if the excedrin helps at all. We have had such a wonderful Christmas!!! So many unexpected and wonderful blessings have come our way that I couldn't even begin to list them all here. I usually really have a hard time with Christmas and spend weeks before it even gets here working myself up into a frenzied kind of depression over it. I have had some really really ugly Christmas holidays and it's kind of hard ( or it used to be) not to get sucked into all the bad memories that I have always associated with Christmas. It used to be that if something bad was going to happen to me or someone I loved it would always happen at Christmas. I could go on and list all the ugly nasty stuff that I have held onto in my mind for way too long to the point that it nearly ruined such a beautiful holiday for me but let it suffice to say that never in my life have I had a Christmas that I really wanted to remember until now. This year I want to always remember how much I thrilled in the celebration of the birth of my Saviour and how much I love Him. None of the rest of it matters so much, just that Jesus was born and that He loved me. We enjoyed some really sweet and special blessings this year and I'm sure that I will remember those too, but they aren't what was most important to me.

The kids each got an instrument YYYYIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE! Caleb has a mandolin and is already learning to play very quickly, he sat in the living room playing music with Troy most of the evening yesterday. Taeler got a fiddle but we don't have a video or anything for her to learn with yet but she is so excited and knowing her she will pick it up in no time. Jared has a bass guitar on the way and he is just as excited as the other two kids are. We are all really excited about making music together to glorify the Lord with and can't wait to learn more. The kids have already picked out a list of songs they want to learn for us to play and sing together.

I'm making great progress on my de-cluttering mission! I am really pleased with how well it is going and encouraged that someday I will have a neat house.....really I will (if it is the last thing I do). Surprisingly no one has even fussed over me getting rid of the junk like they usually do so I have been able to get rid of a full truckload of stuff we just don't need anymore....yup you heard me right, I said a full truckload how many people keep truckloads of junk that they don't need?? I'm so disgusted with us sometimes it isn't even funny.

Hopefully I will get rid of this headache and the vomiting that goes with it so that I can get on with the rest of my day. I apologize for the short and boring post and all the typos that are on it......I just don't feel well. If I get a chance to I want to post about being in training....that is something that has been on my heart and I want to get it hammered out into words I can read and process in my head.

Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments: