Friday, August 18, 2006

A little bit homesick

It must just be the time of year because I felt this way last year for about a month too, though it seemed to come on later in the year. I really love fall, it has always been my favorite season. I love that crisp feeling in the air that makes you just crave a day to throw on your favorite boots and a sweater and go run through the woods. I love the colors in the leaves and the special tint that comes into the sky during the afternoons. I love the smells of the hayfields and the corn drying in the silos and the smell of frost on the fields in the early mornings. I don't have any of those things here and I really really miss them.

I love the life that we have here and I love what the Lord has done for us.....I just miss those things. Here it pretty much stays green all the way up until it gets cold out........I love green, I just miss having several weeks of fall and seeing the gradual changes announcing the changing season. Or maybe it's the familiarity of all of it and knowing that it means all of my family is gathering together soon to visit and catch up, even the cousins who have grown and moved off to far corners of the country and the world. At any rate I woke up today thinking of fall and feeling all nostaligic about it all and wishing that I could be back home just for a week or two to see it all going on.

Oh well, maybe this year Troy will be bringing me pockets full of colored leaves again.....my hubby is sooo sweet to me!! Last year I was missing all the things I love about fall so every day for two weeks he brought me colored leaves to put into vases and bowls around the house. He drove 2 hours north of us and more sometimes just to get them (actually he was working up there and thought I would enjoy the leaves ). I will most definitely have to start baking pumpkin pies soon (they are the absolute best breakfast food in the world) to remember fall with.

I hope everyone in blog land is having a great day! Soon as I get a chance I'll post our latest chicken adventures....boy is it a doozy of a story.

No comments: