Friday, August 29, 2008

a week already?

Time sure does seem to just fly lately! We have finished our first week of full day schooling and all of the kids are loving it! We have a new little person (a sweet little girl in our church family) in our school this year too. We were a little bit nervous about how it would go but so far she loves home-schooling, and is fitting in with our crazy bunch very well. We started school with the ambitious plan of schooling the entire day... meaning as long as possible during the week, even into the evening hours. It sounds like a lot of work but the kids are enthusiastically taking on the challenge and I sure don't have the extra energy to get in the way and slow them down.

With all the school work going on you would think that they would be too busy to fight and fuss with each other at all wouldn't you? Fat chance! My boys were fighting so badly the other morning that me and Troy had to rush in and break them up... not before one got a black eye and the other got swats for his behavior. Other than just being extra tired and a little stressed I can't figure out what has sparked all the fighting with the boys lately. They seem to have more trouble getting along now than they have since they were 2 and 3 years old.

My poor Hunk 'O Honey is sure tired lately. He has been working every time they will let him clock on! I sure do hope we are able to pay off those medical bills that are left over from our time without insurance soon and take care of a couple of other things so he can slow down a little bit. I worry about him working so much. There is a very slight chance though that he could get a position that pays just a bit more and...... IS ON DAY SHIFT DURING THE WEEK!!!!! It's a very very small chance because he doesn't have much seniority yet but still we are praying that the Lord will work it out for us! The night shift is hard on him and us, and add to that the pay cut he took to get the job and sometimes he gets discouraged about it all. If we happen to cross your mind please keep that in prayer?!

Tuesday coming up marks me and Troy's 17th year! I can't believe it's been that long since the two of us went from being two totally separate crazy people to being the two of us! I'm trying to think of something special to do to celebrate but I'm kind of dry on ideas and funds right now. If you think of something send me an email!

Well, I'm off to try to fix food for me and 8 kids... then I have laundry and ironing to get done. Have a great weekend!

No comments: