Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The payoff!!

I know I haven't blogged in awhile, sorry 'bout that. I have spent this week mostly lying in the bed wishing that I never got sick. I've had some of my dizzy spells and fell (fainted) once but thankfully I'm feeling a lot better now than I was the past couple of days. As I got up this morning I was thinking about all the stuff I thought I would have to do to get things "caught up" from having to take a couple of days off from my regular chores around the house. I was so pleasantly surprised to walk into the livingroom and find it all very neat and tidy. I had the same experience in the kitchen and the bathrooms. As soon as I got over the 'oh no they don't need me anymore' thought I was ready to shout over it.....how great is it that my house is basically cleaning itself now!

I spent last week working out a cleaning plan/chore chart for the kids. I made it so that they do all of the little day to day picking up and tidying type of stuff and then all I have to do is the stuff that requires an appliance......laundry and cooking mostly. So far this is working very very well. The kids know what needs to be done without being told to do it and they have been great about getting it done. All I have to do is cook our meals and throw the laundry in the washer....everything else is getting done almost all by itself! Had I stuck to the old way of doing things I would be running around like a crazy woman right now trying to do 3 days worth of housework and wishing I was still too sick to be up.....instead I'm sitting here typing away planning to do some sewing this afternoon and some cooking for a new mommy since all of my chores are done. WOW.

I ran across this 'Psalm of TV' and thought I would share it here.
The Psalm of TV
The TV is my shepherd I shall not want.
It makes me to lie down on the sofa.
It leads me away from the faith.
It destroys my soul.
It leads me to the path of mortal sin for the advertiser's sake.

Yea, though I walk in the shadow of Christian responsibilities there will be no interruption, for the TV is with me.
It's cable and remote, they comfort me.
It prepares a commercial for me in the presence of my worldliness.
It annoints my head with humanism and consumerism; my coveting runneth over.
Surely laziness and ignorance shall follow me all the days of my life.
And I shall dwell in the house watching TV forever.

2 comments:

Her said...

That's right ! Put them young'uns ta work! I mean ..uuh...yes it is nice when our children learn to handle more responsibilities around the house.
My four year old takes her dusting and towel folding very seriously.

Jeannie said...

I should have done this years ago....like as soon as those little folks could walk!! I'm really loving my new clean and mostly organized home that feels like a place I can live instead of put up with.

Yes, your 4 year old takes dusting so seriously that when at my house she promptly inspects my feather duster to make sure it is in proper working order....so cute!!